Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trip to Indiana

I drove home last week with the kids because Patrick had a conference in Canada. I don't know what would have been worse, being home for a week by myself or making the drive by myself...luckily, we drove to Chicago on the first leg and picked up my sister-in-law, Mary. She drove the rest of the way to IN with us.

Well, about an hour away from Indianapolis, we had to pull off the road because the storms were so bad. We sat in a Dairy Queen for about an hour and met some nice people who were also doing the same thing... it was such a small world because I was showing off Caroline's skills to Mary and I said, "Caroline, tell Aunt Mary where you live." She said, "St. Louis Park," and the guy behind us said, "I used to live in St. Louis Park!" Funny. So, we got back on the road and ended up pulling over another 3 times and finally decided to stay the night in a hotel. But, we made it to Indianapolis safely the next day!

Patrick's Grandparents and Aunt Sue came to visit from West Virginia. They had not met Garrett yet, so it was great for them to see him and to see Caroline again. Pat's brother, Michael came the next day and then Kathleen, his sister came a few days later. I then headed to Kokomo and my Dad's brother and sister came to also meet Garrett (and see Caroline too!). Thanks to everyone that came to see us!

No comments: