Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Caroline is 3 and Garrett is 8 months!

We had Caroline's 3 year check up yesterday. She had a VERY difficult time with the pediatrician. All he needed to do was listen to her breathing, check her ears, mouth, etc. She didn't even need a shot! But, I think she was traumatized from her experience with the cast. So, she thought the Dr. was going to hurt her... :( She weighed 29 lbs. (30th percentile) and was 35 1/2 inches (11th percentile). So, she's a bit of a pipsqueak right now. :)

Garrett is 8 months old and trying so hard to crawl. He really wants to move like his big sister! He is a stinker, and everytime I leave the room, he really cries hard. If Patrick is home with the kids, and Garrett is doing fine, as soon as I come in the back door and he hears my voice, he starts crying. He's a mama's boy. I hope it will get better once he can move because maybe then he can follow me. He's still not sleeping through the night...again, stinker. Lately, he's been up one to two times a night, but only gets nursed if it's after 3 am. Well, sorry buddy, things are going to change now that you're 8 months old...Starting last night, I am letting him cry it out for the whole night. Grandma's, it's a good thing you don't live with us. I am hoping we'll have a rough few days and then he'll be sleeping through the night. He's just a stubborn little guy!

1 comment:

The Haughs said...

YAY! You figured out the lilypie thing! :) Looks good.

Hope Garrett sleeps for you tonight. Maybe he's getting some teeth? Olivia was up at 4:30 this morning. :( No fun, I know.

Hang in there.

The SPAA girls missed you on Monday. :)