Friday, February 01, 2008

Flying Solo

Well, I'm finally on my own with the two kids...After almost 5-6 weeks of help, I am flying solo. Patrick's parents were here for the first week, then my mom came for 2 weeks, and my dad for a few days, and then Patrick took his 2nd week off for his paternity leave last week. He was a big help and I was able to have some much needed "me" time and sleep. After about 2 days home though, Patrick decided that 12-14 hour days in the hosptial were easier than staying home. :) Caroline enjoyed having Daddy take her to some of her classes as well because he doesn't usually ever get to go. Garrett is 6 weeks old now and starting to smile...now if we could just get some longer stretches at night, Mommy would be happy. He had a few 4 hour stretches last week, but that hasn't happened since. We looked in Caroline's baby book and she didn't have a long stretch till 7 weeks old, maybe he will do the same! :) Take care and stay warm!

1 comment:

The Haughs said...

I'm sure you are handling "flying solo" like a pro! :)

I hope you start getting some good sleep soon. . . I feel your pain!

Katy