Sunday, February 10, 2008

Parallel lives

Some of you have heard this story of me and Ginnie, but for those of you that haven't, I thought I would share...

My sister in law, Mary, had always talked about her dear friend Ginnie and how she wanted us to meet someday because she felt we were leading parallel lives. Well, I think she was right.

First off, Ginnie is a physical therapist, I'm a speech therapist; she and her husband Noel got married on August 4, 2001, so did we. They had Cora in July of 2005, Caroline was born in August 2005. We moved up to MN (they had already moved up here for her Noel's job). We ended up moving to a town that's maybe 5 minutes from where Ginnie and Noel live. Then, I told Ginnie that we were pregnant again and 2 or 3 days later, she told me they were pregnant too! We found out we were having a boy and they weren't going to find out. But, Ginnie didn't want to bank on the fact that she "thought" they would have a boy because our lives were so similar, so they found out too! Garrett was due on Dec. 24 and Charlie was due on Dec. 21. So, Garrett came on the 18th and Charlie on the 21st...We hope that the two boys will be as good of friends as the girls are. :)

So, we are thankful that Mary introduced us to some great friends!!!

No comments: