Thursday, September 04, 2008

What a fun day!

My neighbor, Michelle and her son Owen invited us to go to a petting zoo/apple orchard near her parents house in Delano, MN (It's called Fall Harvest if any of you want to go). There were chickens, baby chicks, goats, cows, a bunny, etc. You could feed the goats (but Caroline really didn't like that). The farmer let us feed the baby calves with a bottle. They also had a corn pit and as you can see by the video, she really had fun doing that too. After the orchard, we went to Michelle's parents house for lunch and to see their horsesand pony. Thanks to Grandma Barb for a WONDERFUL lunch of meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and apple pie! I think it was the best meal I have had in awhile. :) After lunch, Michelle's dad went to find Harry, the pony, so the kids could ride him. I asked Caroline if she wanted to ride and she said, "No, just Owen." Well, she watched Owen and then she said it was her turn. I was so proud of her! She's often so cautious about things that she won't try new things (I know, all of you who knew me as a kid know that she's my daughter). But, she had so much fun! Thanks Michelle for such a fun day!

No comments: